In the world of modern marketing, it’s hard to imagine a company that is not represented on social networks and does not use targeted advertising. What is being targeted is a certain audience. Opportunities for advertising in the social networks increase every year, because they can be used at almost all stages of user interaction with your company. Potential customers visit your company’s Facebook or Instagram page to get to know you better, to see how many followers and reviews you have, how often you post and how good the content you post. All this shows the level of your company. As they say, good clothes open all doors) And it is up to you to look smashing!
Today Facebook and Instagram ads are launched from the same dashboard, have many settings, good analytics instruments and almost unlimited possibilities of targeting the target audience. Whatever you sell, catalog advertising is simply a must have for your company. This is advertisement of those products that were viewed by users of your website, who did not buy immediately, for whatever reason. Targeting a similar (close) audience to the people who previously bought your goods or services also works great and must be used. Another mega-useful feature is the ability to upload your customer base to your advertising account and, again, set up an advertisement for an audience similar in behavior.
Another function that we often use when working with manufacturing enterprises is advertising with the option of receiving direct contacts of the potential customers. By the way, these contacts can be automatically synchronized with a CRM system, which facilitates the work of your call center.
There are many nuances of working with targeted advertising and one of them is to test the creative tools: banners, video and text messages sent to your audience. It is crucial to fire up several creative options right away in order to test which of them causes the best response from the audience as quickly as possible. Also, do not forget about “banner blindness” – what happens when you don’t change your creative approach for too long and it simply becomes boring to the audience, who stops responding.
We always use targeted advertising and it shows just wonderful results, sometimes even better than PPC. Here are a few screenshots of our customers:
Just the case when targeted advertising brought better results than PPC.
Results for customizing a mobile application. Customizing price $0.29 – $0.3:
Gadget and accessories store:
Gadget store case study:
Electric and pneumatic tools store:
Services for setting up targeted advertising:
- Installing a pixel on a site and setting events in Events Manager;
- Selection of goals and setting up an advertising campaign for suitable goals;
- Selection and targeting of the target audience (hereinafter CA);
- Setting up remarketing audiences (regular and dynamic) and launching on them;
- Selection of placements (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Audience network);
- Customization of ads;
- Writing advertising texts;
- Optimization (tracking performance by audience, using A / B testing, budget debugging, searching and adding new target audience segments).
The goals for which we target targeted ads are:
- Recognition – coverage or brand recognition;
- Application promotion;
- Video views
- Lead generation;
- Like Pages;
- Responses to invitations;
- Catalog sales;
- Point Attendance
Analysis of each goal
- Recognition – Reach or Brand Recognition
- Brand recognition – displaying ads to those who are most likely to pay attention;
- Reach – showing ads to as many users as possible based on audience settings.
In practice, these types of Kazakhstan are suitable for large businesses and well-known brands. Thanks to these goals, you can draw attention to your brand or event and not let it be forgotten.
- Traffic – showing users who are most likely to follow the link.
As a result, a landing page view or a transition to a site is determined.
Suitable for large, medium and small businesses. Allows you to bring to the site the most interested users.
- Engagement – the type of goal that is aimed at showing ads to users, within the selected target audience, who are more likely to repost, like, write a comment or even go to the site.
As a result, any user interaction with the publication is determined.
Suitable for large, medium and small businesses. allows you to increase user interest in the page and publications.
- Application promotion – Showing application ads to those users who are most likely to complete the installation.
As a result, the number of application installations is determined.
Suitable for large, medium and small businesses. Allows you to increase user interest in the application and increases the number of installations.
- Views formo – showing videos to users in order to increase brand awareness. Targeted by users who are more likely to watch a minimum of 10 seconds of video.
As a result, 2-second video viewing is considered to be the minimum visibility on the screen in 50% pixels.
In practice, these types of Kazakhstan are suitable for large businesses and well-known brands. Due to this goal, you can draw attention to your brand, focusing on the maximum reach or the number of views of the video.
- Lead generation – aimed at receiving applications directly from Facebook, without the participation of the site and other resources.
As a result, the completed lead form is considered.
Suitable for large, medium and small businesses. It allows you to attract users in the absence of a site, reduce the user’s path from viewing the post to the lead. It is possible to integrate the form with other databases and CRM systems, which will allow you to receive leads online in the usual format.
- Like Pages – aims to get “Like” marks for a Facebook page.
As a result, the number of “Like” marks received through advertising is taken into account.
Suitable for large, medium and small businesses. Allows you to draw attention to the publication of the page and increase the number of subscribers on Facebook.
- Invitation Responses – It is aimed at people who are more likely to be interested in the event or go to it.
As a result, the number of people is taken into account, they are interested in the event or noted that they will attend it as a result of watching advertising.
Suitable for large, medium and small businesses. Allows you to disseminate information about events and attract more people to them.
- Messages – aimed at those who are more likely to start correspondence in Messenger or WhatsApp.
As a result, the number of started conversations is taken into account.
Suitable for large, medium and small businesses, whose niche implies the study of the client and clarification, which is extremely convenient to do in correspondence.
And the ability to use chat bots and automatic answers makes it easier to communicate with the client.
- Conversions – It is aimed at users who are more likely to perform a targeted action on the site (leave lit, make a purchase, register, etc.).
As a result, the number of conversions (lead, purchase, registration, etc.) is taken into account.
Suitable for all types of business. It allows you to get more customers, increase return on investment, promotes the sale of goods or services.
- Catalog sales – helps increase sales of products from the catalog on Facebook. The catalog is created using the data feed or manually through the Facebook interface.
As a result, sales from the catalog are taken into account.
Suitable for all types of business. Allows you to increase sales through dynamic advertising of product cards that are added to the catalog.
- Point Attendance – showing ads to people in the vicinity of the point, which allows you to increase the number of visitors to the points.
As a result, visiting points are taken into account.
Suitable for all types of businesses that have offline points. Helps attract visitors who are close to the store.
Algorithm for setting up advertising campaigns
- Installing a pixel on a site
- Event Setup
- Setting up your own audience (remarketing audience).
- Choosing an advertising campaign goal.
- Setting for standard audiences (demography, interests, behavior). Breakdown into ad groups by interest groups.
- The choice of placements to display ads (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Audience network)
- Setting up ads, writing advertising texts.
Facebook Targeting Types
There are three targeting options in the Gender setting:
In the age setting, you can set the range from 18 to 65+ years.
Languages - select one or several languages of the target audience.
Here you can select a point on the map and set one of four parameters in the “Places” setting:
- Everything in the area (people whose last location or house is within the selected territory);
- Living in this place;
- Recently ex in this place;
- Traveling around this place.
From this list are available:
- County / Province;
- The address.
Covers four types of settings:
- Demographic interests;
And again, we start with demography, where 6 categories are available to us:
Education opens 4 subcategories of settings:
- Level of education (secondary, higher, incomplete higher, academic degree, etc.)
- Direction of training (you can specify specific specialties);
- Educational establishments;
- Years of the last course.
Finance – This is the household income level (the setting is available only for the USA).
Life events – characteristic taking into account the statuses:
- In a new relationship (new status of family relations in the last 6 months);
- In a relationship at a distance;
- Away from hometown;
- Away from the family.
The following event types are currently available here:
- Anniversary (indicating the period);
- Birthday (up to a month);
- Friends (what events have happened to them);
- Recently moved;
- Recently engaged (1 year, 3 months, 6 months);
- New job;
- Newlyweds (1 year, 3 months, 6 months).
Also an impractical type of targeting. It’s much more precise to tune in the Marital Status category.
Parents– targeting parents of children of a specific age (7 ranges); or simply “Parents” as a whole, without an age criterion.
Family status – married, widower / divorced, divorced, engaged, everything is complicated, etc.
Job – 3 subcategories are available: employers (tuning for employees of a particular company), industry (24 types in the list), positions (specific options can be set).
This type of setting covers specific audiences based on the interests and actions of people. Based on the pages they visit, to which they are subscribed + related topics.
Inside nine categories:
- Business and industry;
- Food and drink;
- Shopping and fashion;
- Family and relationships;
- Sports and outdoor activities;
- Fitness and healthy lifestyle;
- Hobbies and hobbies.
Here 13 types of settings are available to the advertiser:
- Ramadan – users and their friends who were interested in content on this holiday;
- Soccer – belonging to football fans or their friends;
- Anniversary (marriage, for example, after 61-90 days);
- Online Actions – Facebook page administrators, small business owners, Facebook event creators; as well as audiences by type of operating system; Email domain (Gmail, for example) type of browser;
- Other categories (interested in upcoming events, API Marketing developers);
- Classification of consumers (country names are presented here);
- Multicultural affiliation;
- Purchasing behavior (involved or not);
- Politics (USA)
- Mobile device user – owners, smartphones, tablet owners, owners of both, etc. Up to the choice of the operating system of the device (Android, iOS, WinPhone);
- Mobile device user / time of use (by duration of use);
- Travel – people who returned from a trip 1-2 weeks ago; traveling to work from the suburbs; regularly traveling abroad; often traveling.
So, if you want your brand to be recognizable, if you want the sales of your product or service to go up, we highly recommend using this source of traffic and sales. And for an advice or advertising customization you email us: firstname.lastname@example.org