Search engine advertising is one of the most universal tools for Internet marketing. With it you can overcome many challenges:
- Quickly attract targeted traffic to the website.
- Return the users who have not ordered your product or service to your website.
- Inform your audience about new promotions and special offers of your company.
- Use at all stages of the user’s journey: branding, engaging, retaining, converting the audience.
Let’s analyze individual search engine advertising tools:
Google Shopping, Merchant Center customizing
Displaying a “mini” product card with an image of the product, price and description. Even before going to the website, the user understands whether the product is of interest or not, payment is made just for transitions.
Google Shopping benefits:
- CPC is several times lower than for a search;
- Conversion rate is 3-5 times higher than for a search;
- CTR is 3-5 times lower than for a search;
- Leads immediately to the product – increases the chance of conversion;
- You can use multiple ads in one search result;
- Easy to configure.
Complemented with keyword advertising, it doubles your chances of increasing traffic and sales. It’s also possible to show product listing ads directly in a YouTube video clip.
Google Shopping customizing includes the following:
- Creating and customizing a Google Merchant account;
- Checking your feed for Google’s compliance;
- Scheduled import of data feed with products;
- Linking your Google Merchant account to your Google advertising account;
- Customizing a Google Shopping campaign, filtering products by category, brand;
- Implementing an ads schedule, bid adjustments for various parameters;
- Import of various audiences;
- Grouping products for further optimization;
- Setting the goals in analytics and importing them into a Google advertising account;
- Verification of working out the goals;
- Implementing a bid management strategy.
Google Shopping optimization:
- Grouping the general product catalogue into campaigns, ad groups, product groups
- Develop a bidding strategy for each segment of the product catalogue, introduce experiments with automatic bidding strategies;
- Add additional attributes to the feed
- View impression share
- Analysis of the list of search queries and constant work with negative keywords
- Import the audiences into a campaign with appropriate bid adjustments
- Analysis of conversion/transaction ratio to segments: demographic data, regions and cities, devices, etc.
Website requirements for connecting Google Shopping ads:
- Accuracy of contact data: The website must contain reliable contact information, including a phone number and/or email address.
- Secure ordering: To collect and process confidential user information (for example, bank details or credit card numbers), you must use a secure SSL server with a valid certificate (https://).
- Return policy: The website should contain information about the return policy with a link to the article of the law.
- Terms of payment: Information about the methods and terms of payment should be clear and accessible.
- The website should contain an option for paying the order with a card without live communication with a clerk.
- If the website permits payment other than by cash, there should be information where to make the payment (account details, etc.)
- Possibility of placing an order: it is necessary to check the entire process of completing an order, including the possibility of adding products to the cart.
- Delivery conditions: it is important to have an option of door-to-door shipping, there should be a field for entering the delivery address;
- Product images: without watermarks.
- Prices and availability: must match on your website and in the Merchant Center.
- Product Name – Using the title attribute [title], you can tell the customers what your product is called. The title is one of the most visible elements of an ad. If it has been entered correctly, those users who need your product will see your advertisement. Length from 1 to 150 characters. Important: the title should contain the most relevant keywords related to the product.
- Example: Wrong: T-shirt 89546
- Right: Women’s T-shirt, white, [Size] [Brand Name]
- Product description: The [description] attribute is used to talk about a product, its properties, as well as technical and external characteristics. The more detailed the description, the better the targeting. The length is from 1 to 5000 characters. Important! The description should contain the most relevant keywords related to the product.
Google Shopping case studies
Google Shopping case study for a gadget on-line store
Google Shopping case study for an on-line store of white products
Google Shopping case study for an on-line store of tools and home and gardening products
Google Shopping case study for a clothing on-line store
Google, Yandex keyword advertising
The account structure should be simple and logical. This helps to increase the accuracy of reaching the target audience and to avoid unnecessary expenses. In addition, it’s more convenient to track the campaign performance.
The most common method of organizing an account is to create a structure similar to your website in which each ad group will occupy its own web page or product category.
The algorithm for customizing a keyword ad
- We use paid licensed software to collect the semantic kernel;
- We work out different moods of queries and negative keywords;
- We arrange the queries into corresponding groups;
- We make hot, warm, cold queries;
- We group in terms of geography (cities);
- We qualitatively filter out negative keywords.
- We introduce an ad schedule;
- We add all extensions: additional links, clarifications, structured data, phone numbers, prices, promotions, videos, etc.
- We write ad captions;
- We conduct an A/B test of the captions;
- We add various audiences;
- We create dynamic keyword campaigns;
- We tune analytics, metrics systems, etc.;
- We import the goals into an advertising account;
- We develop advertising campaigns with the direct phone call options, without visiting a website.
Product-wise search ads
- An advertising campaign with the function of switching not to a category, but to the corresponding product.
- Increases the likelihood of a purchase. An ideal tool for e-stores with a wide range of products.
- The tool allows you to indicate the current price in the ad and does not allow advertisement of those products which are not available.
GDN – PPC Network for Google partners. Yandex Ads Network.
- Customizing all types of campaigns, including campaigns with pay-per-click, and GDN specific sales;
- Targeting: By interests and habits (Standard and special interest categories);
- Targeting: By what they search on the network and what purchases they plan (audiences of interested buyers and special audiences by intent);
- Targeting: By the way the audience interacts with your company (remarketing audiences and similar audiences);
- Targeting: By events, thematic websites, remarketing lists, demographic data, competitors;
- Customizing of all types and sizes of ads, including video format;
- Adding all types of ad extensions.
Customizing YouTube video ads
Video advertising is a powerful tool for attracting the target audience to your website.
Setting up all types of video campaigns:
- Increase conversions. Increase conversions by showing video ads that encourage users to interact with your company;
- Increase interest. Increase interest in your brand or product by showing skippable Video Discovery or In-Stream ads;
- The sequence of ads. Tell us about your brand or product by showing ads in a specific order;
- Trading. Promote relevant products and drive visitors to your website with skippable in-stream ads;
- Skippable in-stream. Get effective impressions and expand your reach with skippable in-stream ads;
- Intro. Get effective impressions and expand your reach with intro ads;
- Unskippable In-stream. Add 15 second video ads;
- Unskippable In-stream to tell your story in full;
- Out-Stream. Contact the smartphone and tablet users with Out-Stream ads and CPM bids in the visible area of the screen;
- The choice of targeting by interests, key queries, target video channels and videos, own categories of interests, cross targeting, setting a budget.
Customizing the remarketing and retargeting
To return users to the website, as well as to maintain the interest of users who visited the website, we use all remarketing/retargeting options available. We will use various conditions, for example:
- We got into the category and did not put the products into the cart;
- We got into the category, put the products into the cart but did not make a purchase;
- We got into the category and ordered (repeated sales).
Dynamic remarketing to increase your return on investment in advertising. Follow-up of users of your website who did not buy the product with banners with specific product cards that they viewed on the website.
Search remarketing – the ability to show your ads in Google search at more advantageous positions to those users who have already been on your website before and have not ordered your service or product.